Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Hangin' with Matt Olsen























I went and spent a few hours hanging out with Matt Olsen (winner of the Born Free Show) and had a damn good time too. He's a great guy and probably one of the most knowledgable people you'll ever meet that knows his vintage motorcycles. Him and Carl (his Dad) rebuild these pre 1950 motorcycles for a living. It was cool to see the operation and how they work. They keep it low key by working on their own property and having almost everything you need on site. Interesting enough his fiance Brittney is also very knowledgable of these old motorcycles as well. She's a very cool girl and I had a great time just bullshitting and talking about bike's over dinner.
One of my favorite parts of the trip was being invited back in the morning to take a ride on one of his old bikes into town for some breakfast. He let me jump on the old famous 36 knuckle that's his daily rider (the bike with the chrome tank) for a 30 mile run. I have a new appreciation for the old vintage style motorcyles after spending some time with them. I'm looking forward to seeing what he brings next year to Born Free...especially since he told me what his plan was and with bike he's going to build it from. Should be a treat to see...let's just say he'll be keeping alot of the original parts with original paint... with original modifications done over 50 years ago. I won't say anything more than that.

here's a link to Matt's Blog Page

No comments:

Post a Comment