Thursday, September 27, 2012

New Tin




Well...got back from Vegas 2 days ago and have been itching to get back in the garage to do some work...so I busted out this drop seat oil tank for Big Kev's 72 sporty. I still have to weld the bungs, breather tube and return tube. As soon as thats done I can weld the top on and get it mounted. Shouldn't be too much longer.

Also...I'm trying to do something different with my new gas tank. I decided to add some side panels to the side of the gas tank to give a unique look that I haven't seen before. I'm probably going to be cutting in inch or so out of the center of the tank to narrow it a bit to compensate for the added panels. After the body work and molding I think it will have real nice lines. I'll be sending these to Scott at Chemical Candy for another one off paint job. This time I think I'll add some silver leaf!?? We'll see....

No comments:

Post a Comment