Monday, September 17, 2012

Shovel Trouble





Well...the other night I was smashing on I-94 towards Madison...rode about 70 miles before turning around and heading back to Racine. We probably went 25 miles at 65 miles and hour and th ebike was running...I mean running hard...and out of no where the motor chuged twice and just make a horrible noise and shut down. I pulled to the side of the road and kicked it one more time, and man...there was so much burning oil and smoke I had to shut it down. Needless to say I called my guy Big Kev to come give me a lift. I told him I was walking it to the next exit and would let him know which exit it was. After walking a mile and a half in the dark with trucks and cars flyin by me going 80 mph. I finally reached a sign that said exit 282 2 miles (FUCK!) so I kept walking to the next exit and after the 3.5-4 mile walk I finally made it to the exit. Walking up the exit I instantly started laughing at the irony that the only building off this exit was not a gas station or hotel...it was Wisconsin Harley :) (I know they were closed at this time) but it was still just too cool to see the bar and shield just glowing orange after walking in the dark for over an hour.

I got home an found a half dollar sized hole in the rear piston. Luckly I had an extra set of pistons and cylindars for the motor just sitting on the shelf. I needed topend gasget kit and I was good to go. Big kev decided to come dig in and get into the motor to make sure there wasn't too much damage. This fix took a whole day to fix but everything was gone over and improved and painted before  assembly.  After the work was done she fired up after 3 kicks. Not too shabby....time to ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment